The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has constituted an Eminent Persons Advisory Group (EPAG) which will serve as a group of 'wise persons' to give broad inputs and advice to the regulator.
The panel would advise CCI on larger issues impacting markets and competition, good international practices, improved advocacy etc to the commission.
EPAG and the commission will have interaction/meetings two to three times in a year. The group, which represents a wide arena from the corporate sector, academics, NGOs, regulatory authorities, Reserve Bank of India, CAG etc, could benefit the CCI.
The eminent persons who have consented to be member of the EPAG include the following:
- N R Narayana Murthy (Former Chairman, Infosys)
- V N Kaul (Former CAG)
- Dr Rakesh Mohan (Ex Dy Governor, RBI)
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (CMD, Biocon)
- Dr. Bakul H Dholakia (Former Director, IIM Ahmadabad)
- Dr S L Rao (Ex chairman, CERC and Ex-Director General, National council of Applied Economic Research)
- N L Mitra (Former Vice-Chancellor, NLSIU, Bangalore)
- Rohini Nilekani (NGO activist, Bangalore)
- The first meeting of the group is tentatively planned in July, 2012.