Subscriber base of National Pension System swells to 11.5 million
03 February 2016
The number of subscribers to the National Pension System (NPS) stood at 11,459,555 with a total corpus of Rs90,327 crore as of 23 January 2016. The NPS now manages total assets worth Rs109,140 crore while its AuM per subscriber averaged to Rs95,000, a finance ministry release said.
There are about 1611,020 central government subscribers of NPS with a total corpus of Rs34,754 crore while state governments have 2,859,094 subscribers with a total corpus of Rs45,486 crore.
The number of NPS subscribers in the corporate sector stood at 448,509 while the unorganised sector had 128,484, which added up to 576,993.
NPS Lite had a total subscriber base of 4,463,637 while the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) had 1,948,811, with a total number of subscribers at 6,412,448 in these two categories.
NPS subscribers of central government accounted for 14.1 per cent of the total subscribers while that of the state governments stood at 24.9 per cent. The NPS subscribers under NPS Lite constitute 39 per cent while those under APY add up to 17 per cent of the total subscribers.
To mark the completion of two years of PFRDA in its statutory status on 1 February 2016, PFRDA in collaboration with all its intermediaries in the National Pension System, including nodel offices of the central and state governments, POPs, aggregators, central recordkeeping agency and NPS Trust etc, is observing NPS Service Week from 1 to 6 February 2016. The week-long campaign is being dedicated to service-orientation towards the subscribers and aimed at awareness building and improved information dissemination.
PFRDA is organizing the second Pension Conclave in the national capital on 4 February 2016 with the theme, `Towards Universal Pension: Coverage, Adequacy and Sustainability' in which all the stake holders are expected to participate and share their experiences. PFRDA will also acknowledge the services of the best performing banks and post offices in mobilisation and registration of subscribers under the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) up to 31 December 2015, and institute awards for best performing POPs under the voluntary segment of the National Pension System.