New Delhi: US-based Burlington WorldWide has found its way to the Indian market and is launching its finest premium suitings and exquisite new product line. Burlington WorldWide is a leading full service apparel apparel maker and retailer, globally offering a true vertical product cycle chain infused with exclusive technologies.
Burlington WorldWide has operations in United States, Mexico, and India and a global manufacturing and product development network based in Hong Kong.
In association with OCM and WL Ross and Co, Burlington launched its wares in India at a a spectacular fashion show held at the Shangri-la in New Delhi, with designers such as Raghavendra Rathore, Ashish Soni, Varun Bahl, Vijay Arora showcasing their designs.
Established over 80 years ago, OCM is one of the leading worsted textile mills strategically located in Punjab, which was acquired by WL Ross & Co in 2007. WL Ross & Co. manages assets of approximately $ 7.9 billion for institutional investors in the US, Europe and Asia, investing in corporate restructurings and turnarounds with an objective toward creating new, world-class enterprises.
OCM is a well established brand in India, particularly known for its range of tweeds, jacketing and fancies. A vertically integrated mill with an annual capacity of 8.4 million meters, it has a product range from fine pure wool suitings to polyester wool and various wool blended combinations with silk, cashmere, mohair, camel hair, etc.
Burlington suits have been created in a typical range of super 110s to super 140s, and the its range will be available from Rs7,500 to Rs20,000 per suit length at select outlets all over India.
Rajeev Surana, chief executive officer of OCM India Ltd, said, "We are proud to herald the arrival of the finest premium suitings Burlington Worldwide, USA. The Indian market is at a threshold of a major revolution in woollen worsted suitings. Burlington's contemporary designs and colours with the latest offerings from design expertise from Italy and India created in Super 110s to Super 140s will definitely have an edge in the market. Burlington presents an exclusive range for business suits and designer jacketing in silk wool and wool cashmere for the evening dressing too."
Joseph L Gorga, President and CEO of the International Textile Group Inc., and Kenneth T Kunberger, president Burlington's Worldwide Limited, along with Ranjeet Nabha, managing director and CEO, WL Ross India and Rajeev Surana, CEO of OCM India Ltd. apart from who's who of the fashion world were present at the launch event.
Joseph L Gorga said, "India is a key part of ITG's global platform. As one of world's fastest growing markets, it provides competitive supply chain opportunities and access to new consumer markets. The response to our products is overwhelming, and we are delighted to offer a premium, quality worsted suiting fabric to this region."
The International Textile Group Inc., a diversified textile manufacturer is majority owned by WL Ross & Co LLC., and was formed in 2004. It operates in five primary business segments, viz., automotive safety, apparel fabrics, government uniform fabrics, interior furnishings and commission finishing. The company has a commercial partnership for denim fabrics with RSWM Limited, part of the LNJ Bhilwara Group based in New Delhi.
Wilbur L Ross Jr., chairman and CEO, WL Ross & Co. LLC said, "Burlington is among the best known brands in the world and this joint venture between two of our portfolio companies demonstrates the synergies we can bring to Indian companies."
Kenneth T Kunberger, president Burlington Worldwide said, "The Burlington collection reflects the extraordinary Indian flavour for design and colours combined with advanced fabric performance. The launch is off to a great start, and we look forward to setting new benchmarks."
Ranjeet Nabha, managing director and CEO of WL Ross India, opined, "OCM has steadily gained market share since we bought it last year and this joint venture will accelerate its growth."
Burlington worsted suitings come in 5 designs:
- Accolade: An all wool collection in Navy, Black, Grey and Charcoal is perfect for the likes of those Wall Street hot shots.
- Optim: Woven in twill with choice of solid colours in Black, Navy and Coffee, this range is all about power.
- Lifestyle: Suits stitched in this twill weaved striped fabric looks contemporary and offers a choice that's not outrageously expensive, yet makes a statement.
- Adonia: The colours, Black, Navy, Brown and Blue are contemporary; the twill and herring bone Super 120s fabric is just the right blend of the chic and the elegant.
- Cynosure: Whether you're a serious businessman, a hotshot lawyer or a movie star, you can't go unnoticed in a suit created from this Super 100s fabric available in all hues and colours.
Tweeds come in two classy designs:-
- Radiance: The sleek lines, the understated sophistication and the sex appeal inherent in these Silk Wool Jacketing designs are our USPs. This style is all American, mostly in checks, makes a perfect evening wear.
- Agostino: All wool jacketing in Super 100s with a sprinkle of Cashmere in Twill, Herring bones and structured weaves in Navy, Camel, Fawn, Blue and Green colours is designed to complement your charismatic personality.