Cartier eyewear now in India
13 October 2003
Mumbai: Cartier, one of the leading names in the world of jewellery and luxury watch-making, now introduces premium eyewear brands for its customers.
Cartier eyewear designs are a blend of subtle tones in a variety of different shapes and materials. The finishing touches express absolute perfection. Once memorably hailed as "the jeweller of kings, and the king of jewellers" by King Edward VII, Cartier remains today one of the world's best-known luxury brands, a byword for quality and style.
Cartier's new launch in India-Titanium prescription eyewear: An innovatively conceived optical rimless collection with timeless and elegant design, lightweight and very easy-to-wear.
- Alliance of titanium and precious metals
- Introduction of a new signature
- Three complementary shapes
- Lightweight: Titanium is 50 per cent lighter than traditional metal alloys like nickel silver or monel
- Flexible: It guarantees very flexible temples that can bend and recover their original shape without affecting the lenses
- Stainless: It is much more resistant than traditional materials to sea-water tests
- Non-allergic: Titanium is a material that causes no allergic reactions
Surface treatment: Besides stamping and welding, surface treatment is a major difficulty in manufacturing titanium eyewear. The factory's mastery of unique technology (PVD and galvanoplastic processing) permits obtaining smooth pale gold, smooth platinum, and brushed ruthenium finishes unrivalled in quality on the titanium frame market.
Décor: Non-functional screws on the bridge and hinge fasteners and on each temple, inspired by the brand's watch and jewellery creations. The discreet Cartier signatures on each temple — this refined and powerful décor appeals to a clientele appreciating easy-to-wear frames.
Three finishes provide a wide range of choice — smooth platinum finish, smooth pale gold finish, and brushed ruthenium. Three complementary shapes permit satisfying individual tastes:
- Oval shape: Mixed, mainly feminine target
- Rectangular shape: Mixed, mainly masculine target
- Pantos shape: High shape suitable for bifocal lenses
The price range of Cartier is Rs 37,800 and is available at all major optical and retail stores across India.