Ford Motors

Ford to re-enter India with SUVs, hybrids and EVs: report

06 Mar 2024

Ford Motor, which exited India and sold its Gujarat plant to Tata Motors, is now all set to make a comeback with the launch of new car models, including SUVs and hybrid and electric vehicles

Ford to stop manufacturing in India, close its 2 plants

13 Sep 2021

Ford has been in India for 25 years, but managed to gain less than 2 per cent of the market share as its dated line-up failed to bring in competition

CCI approves M&M-Ford joint venture in India

11 Feb 2020

Ford will retain the Ford engine plant in Sanand as well as the global business services unit, Ford Credit and Ford Smart Mobility, and transfer the remaining to the joint venture in which M&M will hold 51 per cent and Ford the remaining 49 per cent

Ford unveils all-electric Mustang Mach-E SUV

20 Nov 2019

Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition comes with a 0-60 mph in the mid-3-second range, an estimated 342 kW (459 horsepower), 830 Nm (612 lb-ft) of torque and an impressive range of at least 300 miles on a single charge

Mahindra, Ford in new deal to make midsize SUVs in India

18 Apr 2019

Ford, Volkswagen form global alliance; plans first car in 2022

16 Jan 2019

The two are expected to launch a medium size pickup truck in the US in 2022 as the first offering from the alliance

Tata Nexon pips Ford EcoSport as India’s 2nd best-selling SUV in 2018

07 Jan 2019

Mahindra, Ford start joint marketing programme in India

05 Dec 2018

Ford bets on global partnerships to cut costs: report

27 Sep 2018

Ford facing a giant fjord

27 Apr 2018

Ford, M&M in pact to jointly develop SUVs, EV

23 Mar 2018

Ford, M&M expected to announce partnership

19 Mar 2018

Ford’s America president Raj Nair quits, reasons under shroud

22 Feb 2018

Raj Nair joined Ford in 1987 and rose through the automaker's manufacturing and engineering ranks to become head of global product development in 2015

Ford Motor Co adds 33,000 vehicles to “Do Not Drive” list

13 Feb 2018

Ford unveils new compact utility vehicle ‘Freestyle’

01 Feb 2018

Ford to spend $11 bn on EV, hybrid push with 40 new models

15 Jan 2018

Ford Motor Co will more than double its planned investments in electric vehicles to $11 billion by 2022 and will have 40 hybrid and fully electric vehicle models in its lineup, chairman Bill Ford said on Sunday

Ford warns against driving certain Rangers, after Takata air bag death

12 Jan 2018

Ford to make driver-less cars in Michigan, to move EV production to Mexico

07 Dec 2017

Mahindra may partner Ford for new line of EVs in India

21 Nov 2017

Ford testing exoskeleton designed to ease physical tasks for workers

10 Nov 2017

Ford offers free repairs to address Explorer exhaust concerns

14 Oct 2017

Ford chief, Jim Hackett reveals turnaround plan for the automaker

05 Oct 2017

General Motors, Ford bet big on electric vehicles

03 Oct 2017

M&M, Ford to explore strategic co-operation in India, emerging markets

18 Sep 2017

Ford uses ‘invisible driver’ to study reactions of pedestrians, drivers to autonomous vehicle

14 Sep 2017