Solar power generation in India to reach 25 million units by end of FY19
13 December 2018
Electricity generation from solar energy in the country for the financial year 2018-19 stood at 21.365 billion units as of 31 October 2018, figures released by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA).
- Announcement of a target of installing 175 GW of renewable energy capacity by March, 2022;
- Declaration of trajectory for renewable purchase obligation (RPO) up to the year 2021-22;
- Fiscal and financial incentives such as capital subsidy, viability gap funding (VGF), accelerated depreciation benefits etc;
- Permitting 100 per cent foreign direct investment (FDI) under the automatic route in renewable energy sector;
- Guidelines for procurement of solar and wind power through tariff based competitive bidding process;
- Waiving of interstate transmission system charges and losses for inter-state sale of solar and wind power for projects to be commissioned up to March 2022;
- Raising funds from bilateral and multilateral finance and development institutions; and
- Implementation of green energy corridor project to facilitate integration of large scale renewable generation capacity addition.