Tata-Changi bids for development of 3

Mumbai: The Tata-Changi consortium has bid for development of three airports in Karnataka for which the state government had invited expressions of interest.

The three airports are at Shimoga, Gulbarga and Bijapur, N G Tim Peng, vice president, Changi Airports International India, said on the sidelines of an aviation conference.

The Karnataka government had called for expressions of interest for the development of the three airports last month.

Tata Real Estate and the Tata group holds 51 per cent stake in Changi Airports International, while Singapore''s Changi the remaining 49 per cent.