Tata Motors launches GenX Nano range
19 May 2015
In tghe first significant upgrade of its small car Nano, Tata Motors has launched GenX Nano, a feature-rich hatchback.
Nano was first launched in 2009. The company is positioning the new car, with prices starting at Rs1.99 lakh.
The GenX Nano will be available for sale across the country in over 450 Tata Motor outlets from today, the company said in a statement.
''The Nano has put India on the world motoring map by demonstrating innovation and frugal engineering. It continues to remain an important brand in our passenger vehicle portfolio and we have been constantly evolving the product to deliver the most relevant city car features like Easy Shift, Power Steering, the Hatch access, Bluetooth connectivity and so on, for the Indian market,'' said Mayank Pareek, president, passenger vehicles business unit, at Tata Motors.
The GenX Nano has a starting price of Rs1.99 lakh for the XE variant, going upto Rs2.49 lakh for the XT variant with manual transmission.
The company has introduced two variants – XMA and XTA - with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). All prices are Ex-showroom, Delhi.
The XMA variant will be made-to-order and will be available for sales from August 2015.
The XMA variant is priced at Rs2.69 lakh and the top-end XTA variant, priced at Rs2.89 lakh, wil be available post the national launch.
The GenX Nano is also powered by a 624cc, multi-point fuel injected, water cooled, naturally aspirated, 2 cylinder gasoline engine with 2 valves per cylinder. The engine produces 38PS power @ 5500 RPM and 51 Nm torque @ 4000 RPM.
The new GenX Nano is a smart, stylish, efficient and a practical city car which has strong potential in the compact hatch segment. After Zest and Bolt, the GenX Nano is the third offering under Horizonext.
The GenX Nano was conceived around two years ago following feedback from consumers.
Tata Motors is India's largest automobile company with consolidated revenues of Rs2,32,834 crore ($38.9 billion) in 2013-14. Through subsidiaries and associate companies, Tata Motors has operations in the UK, South Korea, Thailand, South Africa and Indonesia.
- 'Easy Shift' Automated Manual Transmission with 'Sports' mode for enhanced accelaration and 'creep' feature for heavy traffic maneuverability and parking ease.
- Comes with Electric Power Assisted Steering (ePAS), designed for light steering, for easy maneuvering in tight parking and driving situations in cities.
- Latest in design – Infinity motif grille, smoked headlamps, Tata signature steering wheel, sporty integrated tailgate spoiler
- Comes with a 24 litre fuel tank for longer driving range
- Convenience of a 110L luggage space in the MT and class leading interior space with 4% better shoulder room and 6% better legroom than competition*
- Connectivity features like BluetoothTM, CD, Radio, USB & AUX-in and first-in-segment* Digital Information Display
- Enhanced Safety – crumple zone, intrusion beams, anti-roll bar and SUV-like ground clearance·
- New range with Five variants – XE, XM, XT with Manual Transmission, XMA and XTA with Easy Shift AMT, catering to various needs of customer