Reliance Jiofiber rolls out fiber-to-the-home services
06 September 2019
Reliance Jiofiber, the broadbrand services arm of Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio Infocomm, on Thursday announced the commencement of its Fiber-to-the-Home service, across 1,600 cities in India.
RJio launched its optical fibre broadband services starting at Rs699 per month for a 100 Mpbs connection bundled with 100 GB of data.
High-end consumers can get up to 500 GB of data at 1 Gbps speeds by paying Rs8,499 a month. There is a one-time upfront fee of Rs2,500, of which Rs1,000 is non-refundable.
JioFiber, India’s first 100 per cent all-fibre broadband service, will start from 100 Mbps and go all the way up to 1 Gbps.
Currently, the average fixed-line broadband speed in India is 25 Mbps. Even in America, which is the most developed economy, it is around 90 Mbps. This will propel India to top 5 broadband nations globally.
Reliance Jio is offering freebies like landline phones, OTT subscriptions and 43-inch TVs.
Upcoming Jiofiber services:
- Ultra-high-speed broadband (up to 1 Gbps)
- Free domestic voice calling, conferencing and international calling
- TV video calling and conferencing
- Entertainment OTT apps
- Home Networking
- Device Security
- VR Experience
- Premium Content Platform
For Gaming, Device Security, Home Networking, VR Experience, Video Content services, provided by RCITPL (a platform service company) and TV Video Calling and Conferencing, subscribers need to purchase compatible devices.
- JioFiber plan rentals start at Rs699 and going up to Rs8,499
- Even the lowest tariff starts with 100 Mbps speed
- Can get speeds up to 1 Gbps
- Most tariff plans come with access to all the services defined above
- Jio is pricing the plans at less than one-tenth the global rates, to make it accessible for all, to suit every budget and every need
- JioFiber users will have access to 3, 6 and 12 month plans that provides substantially higher value
- Through bank tie-ups, Jio will provide attractive EMI schemes, so customers get the benefits of annual plans by paying only monthly EMI
Jiofiber Welcome Offer
- Every JioFiber user will get unprecedented value on subscribing to JioForever annual plans
- With JioForever annual plan, users can get the following:
- Jio Home Gateway
- Jio 4K Set Top Box
- Television Set (in Gold plan and above)
- Subscription to favourite OTT apps
- Unlimited Voice and Data
GST will be applicable on all plans and extra GBs are available for 6 months as introductory benefit.
JioFiber users can choose a Welcome Offer from various price points available.
Speaking at the launch of JioFiber, Akash Ambani, Director, Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, said, “Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and all of JioFiber has been designed with the sole purpose of giving you a delightful experience. The launch of JioFiber, with its revolutionary services is just the beginning of a new and exciting journey. As always, we will continue working hard to bring more such amazing services to your home and take Jio Fiber to the next level.”
“I want to specially thank our 5 lakh JioFiber Preview users, who have contributed significantly in perfecting our product and service experience. I welcome them to experience the next level of JioFiber,” he added.
For existing JioFiber users, Jio will get in touch with them for upgrading services. Users will have to download MyJio app, as all communication with users will happen on the MyJio app.
On recharging with a monthly/quarterly/annual plan of their choice, every JioFiber user will get a Set Top Box to enjoy the full bouquet of services.
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited, has built a world-class all-IP data strong future proof network with latest 4G LTE technology. It is the only network conceived and born as a Mobile Video Network from the ground up and supporting Voice over LTE technology. It is future ready and can be easily upgraded to support even more data, as technologies advance on to 5G, 6G and beyond.
Jio has created an ecosystem comprising of network, devices, applications and content, service experience and affordable tariffs to bring transformational changes in the Indian digital services space and enable the vision of Digital India and propel India into global leadership in the digital economy.