Mahindra XUV300 beats Tata Nexon with highest safety rating in India
21 January 2020
Mahindra XUV300 has secured a 5-star safety rating for its subcompact SUV, the XUV 300, becoming the third India-made vehicle to get a 5-star safety rating from Global NCAP. Mahindra XUV has secured a 5-star rating for adult occupant protection and a 4-star rating for child occupant protection, against Tata Nexon’s 5-star rating for adult passenger safety and a 3-star safety rating for child passenger.
Mahindra XUV300 has scored the highest 37.44 points out of a potential 49 points on child occupant protection compared to Tata Altroz and Nexon that scored 29 and 25 points, respectively.
The XUV300 is also the first Indian vehicle to score a 4-Star child safety rating. It is noteworthy that side impact performance is a pre-requisite for a 5-star safety rating, and the XUV300 side impact performance has been one of the best among all 5-star rated cars.
"This is a proud moment for Mahindra as the 5-star rating reiterates our unstinted commitment towards safety. Today’s conscious buyers rate safety as a top priority while making their purchase decision and we have designed the XUV300 to be one of the safest vehicles in India. I am sure that this recognition will further spur us as well as the Indian automotive industry to achieve similar safety standards for the entire range of vehicles on Indian roads," Rajan Wadhera, president-automotive, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, said.
Mahindra XUV300 boasts of many first-in-segment safety features, including 7 airbags, disc brakes on all 4 wheels, front parking sensors and heated ORVMs, and claims offers fortress-like safety that is unmatched.
“Today the XUV300 has established a new benchmark in terms of vehicle safety in India having been awarded a 5-star rating by Global NCAP, the umbrella body of consumer car safety testing bodies,” a company release stated, adding that the official Global NCAP test for the Mahindra XUV300 was conducted in Germany recently.
The XUV300 offers:
- First-in-segment 7 airbags, including knee airbag, dual-front, side and curtain airbags;
- First-in-segment disc brakes on all 4 wheels (Among Sub 4-metre Compact SUVs);
- First-in-segment front parking sensors;
- First-in-segment heated ORVMs;
- Electronic stability programme with Dynamic Steering Torque, Hydraulic Brake Assist, Roll-over Mitigation and Traction Control, together with Hill Start Assist;
- ABS & EBD standard across all variants;
- Front & rear fog lamps;
- ISOFIX child seat mounts;
- Tyre-tronics (Tyre pressure & temperature monitoring system);
- Seat belt reminder for all seats; and
- 3-point seat belt on all seats
The XUV300 shares its platform with the SsangYong Tivoli, which is a globally successful product that has sold over 2.6 lakh units in over 50 countries since its launch in 2015.