Deccan and ICICI Lombard offer domestic travel insurance
03 April 2008
Bangalore: Deccan, India's most preferred low cost carrier, and ICICI Lombard General Insurance have joined forces to launch a flight and domestic travel insurance which offers security against possible vacation or travel loss. The domestic travel insurance, covering accidental medical expense, possible loss from ticket cancellation and lost and delayed baggage, costs Rs 99/- per person, the carrier said.
The insurance policy will be available from 1st April 2008 and can be purchased on the Deccan website simultaneously while booking flight tickets.
Ramki Sundaram, officiating CEO, Deccan, said, ''This is an exciting initiative for Deccan which streamlines and simplifies the process of domestic travel insurance for our guests. Today the Indian traveler is increasingly looking at options to safeguard her investments before setting off for a vacation or even a short trip. We believe our joint offering with ICICI Lombard will help travelers evaluate their need for travel cover and avail a comprehensive and beneficial insurance package.''
Vishakha Mulye, executive director, ICICI Lombard said, ''ICICI Lombard is committed to delivering unique and convenient risk management solutions to our customers. Our tie up with Deccan brings together a comprehensive travel insurance cover at the time of ticket purchase along with the ease of instant online policy issuance. The product coverage has been carefully designed to meet the needs of Deccan's guests and has a convenient claims settlement process.''
Both Deccan and ICICI Lombard focus on providing Deccan travelers with personalized response and service. The insurance policy will, subject to terms and conditions, cover a range of emergency medical expenses, loss arising from trip cancellation or interruption and delay and loss of baggage.
Under the programme, ICICI Lombard will provide protection and benefits, including
- Refund of medical expenses up to Rs75,000 incurred within 24 hours of any physical injury
- Refund of non refundable cost of Deccan tickets up to Rs10,000 if a medical emergency or natural calamity interrupts the trip
- Compensation for loss of an entire piece of check in baggage for a maximum of two baggage at Rs5,000 per bag and
- Refund of Rs3,000 per bag if check in baggage is delayed beyond 6 hours at destination.
Insurance coverage for hospitalization caused by an accident is available if the insurance holder is traveling by another airline however other coverage such as trip cancellation and interruption, baggage loss and delay are limited only to Deccan flights.
- The travel insurance can be cancelled following cancellation of the Deccan flight ticket and in case of a rescheduled ticket the insurance will be active from the new date of travel.
- All insurance requests will be processed by ICICI Lombard.
The policy will be valid for a period of 30 days from the date of inception of the policy which is also the date of travel. In case of a round trip the insurance will be valid till the date of return or the end of 30 days whichever is earlier.