Tata Motors unveils four new construction trucks at Bengaluru expo
26 Nov 2015
Tata Motors on Wednesday showcased four new construction and mining commercial vehicles, from its Construck range at Excon 2015, at Bengaluru. The new vehicles showcased at South Asia's largest construction equipment exhibition include four new models of the Tata Prima range.
Tata Motors, India's largest commercial vehicle manufacturer, also showcased four other construction and mining tippers from its ConsTruck range.
The new Tata Prima range of construction vehicles unveiled at Excon 2015 include Tata Prima 3138.K 32 CuM coal tipper, Tata Prima LX 2523 .K RePTO, Tata Prima LX 3128.K 19 CuM scoop HRT and Tata SAK 1613, while the construction and mining tippers unveiled at the expo include the Tata LPK 2518 10 CuM, Tata LPTK 2518 6X2, Tata Prima 3138.K AT and Tata Prima LX 3123.K 22 CuM Box.
The Tata Construck range consists of tippers, transit mixers, truck mounted cranes and concrete boom pumps, engineered to address tough conditions and endure heavy duty cycles of the construction and mining industry, with higher productivity and profitability.
Tata Construck tippers cater to the widest range of applications like road construction, irrigation, coal, iron ore, marbles, port handlings, lime stone, concrete mixture and municipal applications.
Designed and engineered with insights from customers about their businesses, the Tata Construck range is built on some of the most robust platforms, with powerful, fuel efficient engines, for best vehicle uptime, lowest maintenance cost and hence lowest TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), the company said in a release.
Of the four Tata Construck commercial vehicles showcased at EXCON 2015:
- Tata PRIMA 3138.K 32 CuM Box Coal Tipper is a powerful construction vehicle ideal for heavy duty coal mining application;
- Tata Prima LX 2523 .K RePTO is a high powered RMC, on the Prima platform, with rear engine power take-off;
- Tata Prima LX 3128.K 19 CuM Scoop HRT (Hub Reduction Tandem rear axle) is an ideal vehicle for shallow and light mining application; and
- Tata SAK 1613 4X4 is a 4X4 configuration vehicle suitable for off-road mineral movement application.
Of the other Tata Construck vehicles on display at Excon:
- Tata LPK 2518 10 cum Box is built on largest selling tipper platform, is an ideal vehicle for iron ore movement;
- Tata LPTK 2518 6×2 is ideal for surface movement of construction material, port handling and coal;
- Tata PRIMA 3138.K AT Prima 3138.K with automatic transmission is ideal for heavy mining applications; while
- Tata PRIMA LX 3123.K 22 CuM Box is a rugged heavy duty high performance tipper, ideal for all highway applications.
''We at Tata Motors are delighted to showcase some of our new construction and mining vehicles for the first time here at Excon 2015, South East Asia's largest construction equipment exhibition by far. All the vehicles on display here from the Tata Motors Construck range, are based on extensive customer feedback, built with world-class manufacturing standards, with their designs and aggregates tested to withstand some of the toughest working conditions,'' said Rajesh Kaul, business head, intermediate, medium and heavy trucks, Tata Motors.
''Designed to offer maximum vehicle uptime and lowest total cost of ownership, we will shortly introduce all four of our new vehicles in the market, backed by Tata Motors extensive sales and service network across the country,'' he added.
Having done duty in some of the most challenging construction and mining sites across the globe, Tata Motors Construck range is backed by Tata Motors standard warranty of 4 years / 4 lakhs kms / 4,000 hours (5,000 hours for Prima range), supported by an extensive sales network of over 1,800 touch points, over 1,800 service touch points and over 60,000 touch points for Tata Genuine Spares.
Drivers on the highways will have access to a Tata Motors' service touch points every 50 kilometers, the company said in its release.