Tata Motors introduces new Super Milo range of buses
09 Jul 2008
Mumbai: Tata Motors is introducing a new range of Super Milo bus chassis across India, which are designed to deliver superior operating economies. Available in two variants, City and Highway, each variant boasts customised parameters calibrated for their individual applications.
Both variants of the Super Milo range are powered by the BS II complaint 697 TCIC 130 HP engine, which according to the company provides higher power and better torque at a lower engine RPM (revolutions per minute), resulting in better pickup and more mileage - 130 HP@2400rpm and a torque of 410 Nm@1400-1700rpm. The higher power and better torque at a lower engine rpm
P M Telang, Tata Motors executive director for the company's commercial vehicles business unit, said, ''The Super Milo bus range is yet another tailor made product aimed at meeting changing customer requirements. In a scenario of rising fuel and input prices, this range offers better fuel efficiency, and lower maintenance costs, resulting in higher profitability to the operator.
Customers can now choose between the City and Highway variants depending on their business needs, road conditions and terrain.''
The key features of the Super Milo bus range include:
- Exclusive drivelines (gear box & rear axle) for different applications - helps customers choose the relevant variant depending on the intended application
- Radial tyres - for better comfort, safety and mileage
- Organic clutch with booster assist - for longer clutch life, enhanced driver comfort, and reduced driver fatigue.
- Bigger air intake system - for proper combustion of fuel, resulting in better fuel mileage
- Improved oil change period of 18,000 kilometres for city, and 36,000 kilometres for highway applications, resulting in lower maintenance costs
Tata Motors says that besides the more comfortable ride, these features offer between eight to 10 per cent higher fuel efficiency. The Super Milo bus range comes with an engine warranty of 2 years or 2 lakh kilometres (whichever is earlier), and a chassis warranty of 1.5 years or 1.5 lakh kilometres (whichever is earlier).
The range starts at Rs8.5 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), and is being launched nationwide.
R Pisharody, Tata Motors vice president for sales and marketing for the commercial vehicles business unit, said, ''The Super Milo range of bus chassis offers the customer an attractive value proposition with its combination of unique features and superior technical specifications at an unbeatable price.''