India Aviation 2012 to open in Hyderabad tomorrow
13 March 2012
The `India Aviation 2012' show, a 5-day international exhibition and conference showcasing and sharing growth opportunities in civil aviation, will open in Hyderabad tomorrow.
Civil aviation minister Ajit Singh will inaugurate `India Aviation 2012', which is being held from 14 to18 March 2012.
The theme of this year's event is 'India: The Emerging Aviation Hub', which may look a bit exaggerated in the present context of the financial squeeze on India's airline industry.
While the first two editions of 'India Aviation' in 2008 and 2010 were huge successes, this year's industry response to the event looks unpredictable in the background of the airlines' unending woes.
The latest edition of this premier international exhibition and conference on civil aviation will showcase and share with stakeholders growth opportunities in Indian aviation sector, an official release said today.
The Highlights of the Show are:
- First ever display of Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) in India;
- Piaggio Aero to be a part of India Aviation 2012 with aircraft participation and `Hospitality Chalet'.
- Renowned Russian Aerospace organisation IRKUT to participate for the first time in India Aviation Show;
- Leading business and commercial aircraft manufactures, including Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, Dassault, Embraer, Gulfstream, Hawker beechcraft, Piaggio Aero, UAC-Sukhoi, IRKUT-Berieve etc, to participate in the show;
- Major helicopter manufacturers like Augusta Westland, BELL-Textron group, Eurocopter-EADS and UTC Sikorsky to participate;
The biggest such event in India, the show will offer 6,000 sq metre exhibition space, 18 hospitality chalets
The event will witness over 25 aircrafts on static and flying display at the show.
The civil aviation ministry will release a postage stamp to mark the centenary of Civil Aviation in India on 14 March 2012.
Senior government officials, aviation business leaders, airlines, airport operators and regulators, air navigation service providers, aircraft component manufacturers, technology providers, consultants, bilateral and multilateral agencies etc are expected to participate in the event,
Besides product and technology expos, the conference will actively address a wide range of pertinent challenges facing the aviation industry, which would help in addressing a wide range of issues, including sustainablity, climate change and security challenges.
The UK, France, US, Russia, Belgium, New Zealand, Canada and several other countries and leading business and commercial aircraft manufacturers are setting up pavilions at the show.
India Aviation Show 2012 is being jointly organised by the ministry of civil aviation and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) biennially.