Russia keen on bigger role in India’s lucrative defence industry

20 Feb 2015

Russia has been a dominant player in the Indian defence market for years but it's now facing tough competition from the US, France, and Israel

Kalyani Group signs JV with Rafael Advanced Defence Systems

19 Feb 2015

US communications specialist Harris Corp acquires Exelis for $4.75 bn

07 Feb 2015

Further to the closing, Harris shareholders will own about 85 per cent of combined entity, while shareholders of Exelis will own the remaining 15 per cent.

US may rope in India for drones, defence aircraft

15 Jan 2015

Samsung Group to sell stakes in chemical and defence units to Hanwha Group for $1.72 bn

26 Nov 2014

Cabinet okays 100% FDI in railway infrastructure, 49% in defence production

07 Aug 2014

CBI charges retired Lt Gen Tejinder in Tatra truck kickbacks issue

16 Jul 2014

Budget 2014: FM announces 49% FDI in defence and insurance sectors

10 Jul 2014

CSIR develops target training system for Army

02 Jul 2014

France leads Indian arms rush as Modi liberalises defence

30 Jun 2014

Pipavav Defence to enter missile, torpedo production: report

09 May 2014

Pipavav Defence already has a strategic partnership with Saab in key technology areas, including combat management systems and missiles

US defence contractors ATK, Orbital Sciences to merge in $5 bn deal

30 Apr 2014

The world's largest ammunition maker, US-based Alliant Techsystems, yesterday said that it will merge its aerospace and defence groups with satellite maker Orbital Sciences Corp

Years behind schedule, UK defence projects overshoot budget by £6.1-bn

13 Feb 2014

Defexpo-2014 to showcase India’s capabilities, open new vistas

05 Feb 2014

United Technologies mulls options for Sikorsky helicopter unit

28 Jan 2014

India show-cases air defence equipment at Bahrain Airshow

16 Jan 2014

Saab bags $4.5-bn Brazil jet deal

19 Dec 2013

BAE Systems to cut 1,775 jobs, end shipbuilding in Portsmouth

07 Nov 2013

Pipavav set to win $920-cr Coast Guard order for fast petrol vessels

31 Oct 2013

India to display defence equipment at Seoul expo ADEX-2013

17 Oct 2013

Italy’s Finmeccanica to sell stake in power unit Ansaldo Energia for $1.06 bn

05 Oct 2013

US defence contractor Alliant Techsystems in talks to buy Bushnell

06 Aug 2013

Defence procurement policy tweaked to encourage Indian industry

20 Apr 2013

US clears F-35 fighters after grounding over turbine crack

01 Mar 2013

The Pentagon on Thursday lifted its order grounding the new F-35 jet fighter since 22 February, allowing them to get back on service operations.

US skirts budget cuts; pays Lockheed $333.7 mn for F-35s

01 Mar 2013