AccorHotels in exclusive talks to buy concierge service provider John Paul
28 July 2016
AccorHotels, a French multinational hotel group, yesterday said that it has entered into exclusive talks to buy concierge service provider John Paul.
AccorHotels, the world's fifth-largest hotel group, plans to buy about 80 per cent of John Paul for about $150 million in equity and debt, and the remaining 20 per cent will be retained by David Amsellem, founder of the company, who will remain as CEO.
The deal comes a few months after AccorHotels acquired a 30-per cent stake in Oasis Collections, an American marketplace for private rentals, a 49-per cent stake in Squarebreak, a French start-up offering high-end rentals in France, and British onefinestay, a company that rents out luxury private homes with hotel-style services.
Founded in Paris in 2007, John Paul merged with LesConcierges in 2015, creating the world leader in loyalty services with a combined workforce of 1,000 people, across all five continents.
John Paul offers concierge services managed online to some 3 million clients, mostly in the banking, car, travel and luxury sectors.
Sebastien Bazin, chairman & CEO of AccorHotels said, ''The acquisition of John Paul enables us to accelerate our global strategy to position the customer experience at the very heart of our initiatives.''
''Through this partnership with the world leader in the growing concierge market, AccorHotels positions itself as the best provider of multi-nature services to guests, supporting the whole customer journey, from non-hotel offers to 24/07 assistance through an integrated and innovative solution,'' he added.
AccorHotels owns and operates more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences, as well as in over 2,500 of the private homes around the globe.
It operates in 95 countries and its portfolio includes luxury brands like Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel Legend, SO Sofitel, Sofitel, onefinestay, MGallery by Sofitel, Pullman, and Swiss˘tel; as well as the popular midscale and boutique brands of Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter and Adagio.
Its economy brands include ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget and the regional brands Grand Mercure, The Sebel and hotelF1.