ONGC FPO to launch 15 March

25 Jan 2011

1

New Delhi: State-owned Fortune Global 500 company, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, has said it will launch its Rs13,000-crore follow-on public offer (FPO) on 15 March. Road shows for the offer will begin in the first week of February.

The decision was taken today at a meeting attended by disinvestment secretary Sumit Bose and petroleum secretary S Sundareshan, among others.

''The first road show for the FPO will be held on 2 February in Chennai, while the offer is expected to hit the markets on 15 March,'' said a government official.

ONGC is the nation's highest profit earning firm.

Earlier on 1 December 1, the Cabinet had approved the sale of government's five per cent stake in ONGC, the nation's highest profit earning firm, in order to raise up to Rs13,000 crore. It also decided to push back Indian Oil Corporation's public offering behind ONGC's offering.

Post offer, the government shareholding in ONGC would come down to 69.14 per cent from current 74.14 per cent.

Latest articles

The $250 billion pivot: how 2026 became the year AI paid the rent

The $250 billion pivot: how 2026 became the year AI paid the rent

Sweden fines SBB over accounting violations, raising scrutiny on property sector

Sweden fines SBB over accounting violations, raising scrutiny on property sector

Ukraine-Russia peace talks enter second day in Geneva amid pressure concerns

Ukraine-Russia peace talks enter second day in Geneva amid pressure concerns

India asks university to exit AI summit after robot’s origin questioned

India asks university to exit AI summit after robot’s origin questioned

Redmond’s global reach: Microsoft on pace for $50 billion AI investment in the Global South

Redmond’s global reach: Microsoft on pace for $50 billion AI investment in the Global South

Data centres explore funding uranium projects as AI power demand surges, says NexGen CEO

Data centres explore funding uranium projects as AI power demand surges, says NexGen CEO

Nvidia signs multiyear AI chip supply agreement with Meta amid sustained infrastructure demand

Nvidia signs multiyear AI chip supply agreement with Meta amid sustained infrastructure demand

Spain approves $8 billion aid package for storm-hit regions as floods damage homes and crops

Spain approves $8 billion aid package for storm-hit regions as floods damage homes and crops

Warner Bros rejects revised Paramount bid, sets deadline for improved offer amid Netflix deal

Warner Bros rejects revised Paramount bid, sets deadline for improved offer amid Netflix deal