labels: IT news
Chrysler logs on to TCS with multi-year contract news
20 February 2008

Tata Consultancy Services Ltd has signed a multi-year contract with US automaker Chrysler LLC to provide a comprehensive portfolio of IT services.

The automotive industry is one of the focus markets for the TCS' manufacturing vertical and accounted for 15.1 per cent of TCS' FY 2007 global revenues of $4.3 billion.

India's largest IT firm already provides services to many of the automotive OEMs and tier one companies in North America, Europe and Japan, across the automotive value stream including product development, manufacturing, supply chain and customer experience areas for the US firm that private equity firm Cerberus bought from Daimler last year. (See: DaimlerChrysler, Cerberus complete Chrysler deal )

TCS says it will leverage its Global Network Delivery Model to deliver application maintenance and support services to Chrysler. The IT services initiative will encompass a portion of the functional areas within Chrysler, such as sales and marketing and shared services.

Chrysler LLC, headquartered in Auburn Hills, Mich., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chrysler Holdings LLC, in which Cerberus Capital Management LP has an 80.1 per cent stake Daimler AG, Chrysler's former parent, owns the remaining 19.9 per cent.

Chrysler LLC consists of Chrysler Motors Company LLC and its subsidiaries - Chrysler Canada Inc. and Chrysler de Mexico S.A. de C.V., as well as other international automotive affiliates that design, engineer, manufacture, assemble and sell cars and trucks under the brand names Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and GEM. Chrysler also provides its customers with parts and accessories marketed under the Mopar brand name and offers financial services through its subsidiary Chrysler Financial. 

"This growing trusted partnership is a testament to TCS' competencies and capabilities which continue to help the customer in its business transformation by providing innovative it services scalable to their needs," says N Chandrasekaran, executive director and chief operating officer, TCS.

Chandrasekaran adds, "The expertise and in-depth knowledge of the automotive industry and Chrysler's business, coupled with our ability to deliver certainty of results will provide sustained value to Chrysler."


 search domain-b
  go
 
Chrysler logs on to TCS with multi-year contract