Defence India Startup Challenge deadline extended till 31 October
26 September 2018
Defence ministry on Tuesday announced an extension of the last date for submission of applications to the Defence India Startup Challenge (DISC), being organised by the Defence Innovation Organisation (DIO) till 31 October 2018.
The Defence India Startup Challenge being organised with support from the Department of Defence Production of the ministry of defence and Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog under the Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) scheme.
Launched by defence minister Nirmala Sitaraman on 4 August 2018, the scheme calls for proposals to address specific technological needs of the Indian defence establishment.
Applicants (startups/MSMEs and individuals) showing capability, intent, and promise to be able to produce functional prototypes or to productise existing technologies in select areas will be awarded up to Rs1.5 crore, strictly on a milestone basis in the form of grant/equity/debt/other relevant structures along with incubation and mentoring support.
The Defence India Startup Challenge throws open 11 problem statements for prospective solutions to be provided by the Indian start-up eco-system. The proposed areas of innovation include:
- Individual protection system with built-in sensors,
- See through armour,
- Carbon fibre winding (CFW),
- Active protection system (APS)
- Secure hardware based offline encrypt or device for graded security,
- Development of 4G/LTE based tactical local area network,
- Development of advanced technology based desalination system (water purification) and bilge oily water separation system,
- Artificial intelligence in logistics and SCM,
- Unmanned surface and underwater vehicles,
- Remotely piloted airborne vehicles, and
- Laser weaponry.
Applications can be submitted online at <aim.gov.in/idex> by 31 October 2018.