Human resources firm ManpowerGroup today announced its acquisition of Kolkata-based Web Development Company Limited (WDC), to provide IT services and professional outsourcing in India.
ManpowerGroup, which already owns 74 per cent of WDC's equity capital, has now completed acquisition of the remaining 26 per cent stake in the Kolkata-based IT services and professional resourcing company. WDC offers consulting, development and application support services to several large clients in the country and the Asia Pacific region.
In March 2011, ManpowerGroup had acquired 74 per cent stake in WDC, and the latest acquisition has made it a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup's Experis brand.
According to Rahul Sharma and Harsh Hada, executive directors and promoters of WDC, the association with ManpowerGroup has helped WDC to leverage ManpowerGroup's local expertise, global footprint and experience spanning over 60 years to further expand its capabilities and client base and deliver better, faster results.
According to Sanjay Pandit, managing director of ManpowerGroup India, the company's selective acquisition of WDC had enhanced and strengthened the position of Experis in response to the demands and needs of clients.
According to the recent ManpowerGroup Talent Shortage Survey in 2012, IT roles were the jobs Indian employers found the most difficult to fill. Darryl Green, ManpowerGroup president, Asia Pacific and Middle East, said, Experis was adept at attracting highly-skilled professionals that companies needed to grow their business and enhance their competitiveness, and that the acquisition had further strengthened its unmatched capability to do this throughout the region.