What do top CEOs expect from the forthcoming budget? To gauge the expectations of Indian industry, business channel CNBC commissioned global market research company Synovate to conduct a dipstick poll among over 100 CEOs and top corporate heads from among the top 500 Indian companies to gauge their expectations from the forthcoming union budget 2006. The poll was conducted telephonically between February 10-17, 2006. Exclusive to domain-b.
also see : People's verdict: Great
- CEOs circumspect.
- Budget likely to have pro-agriculture tilt.
- FDI in a number of sectors to increase. FM may make the insurance sector happy, predict CEOs.
- FM's pet FBT likely to stay – predict senior honchos; and not likely to interchange with higher corporate tax.
- Budget likely to give a boost to infrastructure and welfare schemes. More likely to appease the poor.
- CEOs predict, this budget could be a mixed bag.
- May bring happy tidings for agriculture, infrastructure, insurance and other sectors who've been long pressing for FDI.
- Could be a pro-reform Budget……