On parole, Mumbai blast convict Jalees (Dr Bomb) Ansari goes missing

Mumbai blast convict Dr Jalees Ansari, known as `Dr Bomb’ who  was on parole for 21 days from Ajmer Central Prison, went missing on Thursday, Mumbai police said.

The 68-year-old Jalees Ansari, a resident of Mominpura in south Mumbai's Agripada and a medical graduate, is a convict in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case and has been serving a life term. 
He is also suspected to be involved in many bomb blast cases across the country, an official said.
Jalees Ansari’s escape could give a boost to the orchestrated protests against the central government and its policies by vested interests, it is feared.
Ansari was allegedly connected with terror outfits like SIMI and Indian Mujahideen and used to train terror groups how to make bombs.
Ansari was on parole for 21 days from the Ajmer Central Prison, Rajasthan, and was expected to surrender before prison authorities on Friday.
During the parole period, he was to visit the Agripada Police Station everyday between 10.30 am and 12 pm to mark his presence. Jalees, however, did not visit the police station on Thursday during the designated time. Instead, his 35-year-old son Jaid Ansari approached the police station in the afternoon with a complaint about his "missing" father, police sources said.
According to the complaint, Jalees Ansari woke up in the early hours and told family members he is going to offer namaz, but did not return home.
On the son's complaint, the Agripada Police registered a missing person's case. The Crime Branch of the Mumbai Police and the Maharashtra ATS also launched a massive manhunt to trace him, police said.
According to Jalees Ansari’s family, says he left early Thursday morning for prayers, a day before his 21-day parole sanctioned by the Supreme Court order was to end, but did not return. 
Since Ansari failed to appear before the police as mandated by the court, his family filed a `missing’ complaint.
Ansari has been in jail since 1994 when he was first arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for his alleged role in planting a bomb in the Rajdhani Express. He is alleged to have played a role in over 50 blasts across India and has been serving life term in a jail in Ajmer after being convicted of carrying out blasts in trains on 5 and 6 December 1993 at six locations in Rajasthan.
Ansari’s application for bale was rejected by the local divisional commissioner in Rajasthan. He then approached the high court and finally got parole on an SC order.