Mumbai: Punjab's telecom service provider Spice Telecom has launched Spice TV that provides subscribers an opportunity to watch Live Cricket on their mobile phones for the first time in India.
With Spice as the official telecom partner for the Indian Cricket League (ICL), the Spice-ICL partnership is now poised to enter a new level altogether with this service.
The Spice TV launch event saw Brian Lara, and former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq amongst a host of other international stars unveil Spice TV for the people of Punjab.
Subscribers can choose from a bouquet of 13 channels with varying genres, ranging from news channels NDTV and Times Now, Zoom or Bindaas in the entertainment category, or even Cartoon Network for cartoons.
Taking about the Spice TV service, Mukul Khanna, vice president of marketing at Spice Telecom said, ''At Spice we always strive to offer great innovations to our subscribers. Spice TV is an initiative in this direction. Our subscribers can now watch live cricket on their phones. And what better an opportunity to launch this service than with ICL matches on in the tri-city wherein Spice Telecom is the official telecom partner.''
Himanshu Mody, business head, ICL, said, ''We are happy to partner with Spice Telecom. This is an exclusive tie-up where Zee Sports has partnered with Spice Telecom to present Live ICL matches for this season. We appreciate the company's endeavor to promote the global cricketing community in the region. This initiative has brought all the cricket fans in the region together on a single platform.''
Some of the highlights of Spice TV include:
- User-friendly and an Easy to Get Started feature
- The customer will be kept entertained while buffering of the content is in process
- Spice TV offers genuine channel options with a continuous stream of Audio and Video
- Pay per day packs available
To view Spice TV, customers would need to
- Dial *789# or send SPICETV as an SMS to 50789 to activate the service
- Install SpiceTV application on the handset from the URL received.
- Open the SpiceTV application and choose the pack you wish to subscribe
- Open the SpiceTV application and select any TV Channel to view from your pack
A list of handsets which support Spice TV include over 50 Mobile Handsets, including
- Nokia's 3230, 3250, 5500, 6600, 6620, 6260, 6630, 6670, 6680, 6681, 7610, N70, N71, N72, N73, N80, N91, N92, N93, E50, E62, E60, E61, E70.
- Sony Ericsson K750, W800, K600, V600, Z520, W700 and Z525 series, W600, W550, W900, W810, Z530, W300, K510, K310, K320, Z550 and Z558 series, K610, K800, K790, W850, Z710, W710, Z610 and W830 series, and
- Future device support includes Spice, Samsung, Motorola and other low end GPRS enabled devices on Nokia and Sony Ericsson.