labels: ericsson, telecom, motorola, nokia, bharat sanchar nigam ltd
Update 2: Motorola moves Delhi HC over BSNL's GSM tendernews
09 October 2006

Mumbai: US telecom major Motorola has moved the Delhi High Court over BSNL''s decision to disqualify it from participating in its mega GSM tender. Financial bids for the Rs20,000 crore ($4.35 billion) GSM expansion programme were opened on October 9.

Motorola had tied up with Chinese company ZTE - which also faces disqualification by BSNL - for supplying equipment for 3G mobile services.

Mototrola and ZTE have failed to clear certain parameters relating to security clauses and hence the two companies were not called for the meeting in which financial bids were opened, BSNL officials said.

Swedish telecom major Ericsson has emerged as the lowest bidder followed by Finnish telecom giant Nokia. And, as things stand, Ericsson should bag the contract for supplying 60 per cent of the equipment, while Nokia would get the remaining 40 per cent.

 


 search domain-b
  go
 
Update 2: Motorola moves Delhi HC over BSNL's GSM tender