Bangalore: Dr. Biswadip (Bobby) Mitra, president and managing director, Texas Instruments India, has been appointed the new chairman of India Semiconductor Association (ISA) for the year 2010-11.
Dr. Pradip K Dutta, corporate VP and managing director, Synopsis India, has been elected vice chairman and Poornima Shenoy the p resident for the calender year.
Widely acknowledged for his leadership in the industry, Dr. Mitra takes charge at a time when ISA is poised to play a key role in driving rapid growth of the Indian electronics industry.
''Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) is a huge opportunity for India. It also has the potential to change our country. Through strong acceleration by the ISA member community, we aim to fast-forward the growth across multiple verticals, driven by the electronics system design and manufacturing companies. We will also intensify our focus on green energy leadership and inclusive growth,'' Dr. Mitra said.
ISA is the trade body representing the semiconductor industry in India and aims to establish India as the preferred global destination for the electronic systems & design ecosystem. ISA has played a prominent role in working with the Government of India in the formation of the Indian Semiconductor Policy 2007 and also with Government of Karnataka in the formation of the Karnataka Semiconductor Policy 2010.
The members of the executive council of ISA for 2010-11:
- Rajesh Mishra, VP, SEMI and peripherals practice, Wipro Technologies (ISA treasurer)
- B V Naidu, chairman, Sagitaur Ventures
- Dr. Satyanarayan Gupta, CEO, Concept2Silicon Systems.
- Ganesh Guruswamy, VP and country manager, Freescale Semiconductor.
- Dr. Praveen Vishakantaiah, president, Intel India
- Raghu Panicker, sales director, Mentor Graphics India
- Vivek Sharma, EMR VP and director, India Design Center, ST Microelectronics
- Sanjay Nayak, CEO, Tejas Networks