Wipro Limited is a US$ 2.4 billion organisation with more than 55,000 employees and operations in 16 countries. The world's largest independent R&D services provider, Wipro is also among the top three offshore BPO service providers in the world. It began in 1945 as Western India Products Limited, an oil factory in the small town of Amalner in Maharashtra. It was only n the early eighties that Wipro made its first foray into the infotech arena.
- Global IT Services & Products Business (Wipro Technologies): A global provider of consulting, IT services, outsourced R&D, infrastructure outsourcing and business process services.
- India, Middle East & AsiaPac IT Business (Wipro Infotech): Wipro Infotech provides enterprise customers with high value IT products, services, solutions and consulting services in India, and provides technology and software services and consulting services in the Middle East and ASEAN.
- Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting: A leading player in the branded consumer products market with a presence in personal care, baby care, wellness products as well as domestic and institutional lighting.
- B2B integration: WebMethods
- Business intelligence & data warehousing: MicroStrategy, Cognos, Hyperion
- CRM: SAP, Siebel
- Enterprise application integration: IBM, Tibco, Vitria, Blue Titan, Sterling Commerce, Magic Software
- e-procurement: Ariba
- Portals & content management: Oracle, ATG, Interwoven, FileNet
- Product design services: Symbian, Texas Instruments, TSMC, UMC
- Web security: Blockade, Borland, Critical Path
North America: USA, Canada; Europe: United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Italy, Finland, Benelux; Asia Pacific: Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan; Middle East: Saudi Arabia, UAE.