Reliance Energy Ltd (REL) is a leading private sector integrated power utility company. It has a significant presence in generation, transmission and distribution of power in Maharashtra, Goa and Andhra Pradesh. REL is a part of the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Grroup (ADAG).
The company caters to five million consumers and has a total installed capacity of 885 MW. For the financial year ending 31 March 2006, REL had a total income of Rs.4607.88 crore
Its associate companies include:
- BSES Kerala Power Ltd.
- BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd.
- BSES Yamuna Power Ltd.
- Reliance Energy Trading Ltd.
- Reliance Energy Transmission Ltd.
- Utility Powertech Ltd.
- North Eastern Electricity Supply Company of Orissa Ltd.( NESCO)
- Western Electricity Supply Company of Orissa Ltd. ( WESCO)
- Southern Electricity Supply Company of Orissa Ltd. ( SOUTHCO)
Generation, transmission, distribution, EPC and contracts.
REL's power generation plants are located at Dahanu near Mumbai, Kochi (Kerala), Samalkot (Andhra Pradesh) and Jogimatti (Karnataka). Its transmission stations are located at Versova, Ghodbunder and Aarey, all in Mumbai.