Unaudited Financial Results for the Quarter Ended 30th June, 2006 |
(Rs. in Crores)
Notes forming part of the financial results for the Quarter Ended 30.06.2006.
1. The above results have been taken on record by the Board at its meeting held on 28-07-2006. The same has been subjected to limited review by Statutory Central Auditors, as per the Listing Agreements.
2. There has been no change in the Accounting Policies adopted during the quarter ended 30th June 2006 as compared to those followed in the immediately preceding financial year 2005-06.
3. Reconciliation / balancing of debit and credit outstanding entries in various heads of accounts, included in Inter Office Adjsutments, NOSTRO, Drafts / TTs payablle, Clearing Adjustments (including interse the Bank's Overseas Branches and those Position Maintaining Offices in India), Dividend / Interest / Refund Orders Paid / Payable etc. is in progress.
4. The financial results for the Quarter ended 30.06.06 have been arrived at after considering provision for NPAs, Standard Assets and depreciation/provision for Investments on the basis of prudential norms issued by RBI. Provision for taxes (including Deferred tax and Fringe Benefit tax) and contingencies including for retirement benefits viz., gratuity, pension, leave encashment benefit of employees etc., have been considered on estimated basis.
5. In terms of RBI Guidelines, the bank has, during the quarter ended June 06, transferred a portion 'of Govt. Securities (SLR) kept in "Available for Sale" category to "Held to Maturity" category. The resultant net depreciation of Rs.115.31 crores has been charged to the Profit and Loss A/c.
6. During the quarter ended June 06, Tier II bonds amounting to Rs.490.90 crores have been redeemed.
7. During the quarter ended 30th June 2006, the bank has annulled the forfeiture of 100 equity shares
8. Status of Investor's complaints :
9. The figures of previous period have been regrouped / rearranged, wherever necessary, to correspond to current period classification.
Notes on Segment Reporting: