- Public anger at blasts. Rumours begin to spread.
- All explosions took place between 6-45 pm and 7-04 pm: Maharashtra CM
- All control rooms at Police HQs and BMC manned.
- Most injuries are burn injuries, shrapnel injuries comparatively less – reports.
- 17 killed- 81 injured, confirms Maharashtra CM.
- Army on alert- all metros in country put on alert.
- Co-ordinated attacks – explosions within minutes of each other, says Home Minister.
- NIA team already in Mumbai on another case asked to associate themselves with investigations. NSG post–explosion investigation team to leave Delhi shortly.
- Government to issue updates every two hours –next at 11.00 pm.
- 10 dead – 54 injured, more likely – death toll will likely rise, confirms Home Minister.
- Two motorcycle-based explosions at Zaveri Bazaar, witnesses. One massive, other smaller.
- IED discovered in umbrella at Zaveri Bazaar – total of three explosions in the city confirmed by Police Commissioner.
- 8-10 killed, 60 injured so far – Maharashtra government Home Secretary
- Union Home Ministry says Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) used – two vehicles used for blasts – a car and motorcycle.
- TV reports say Taxi - a grey Maruti Esteem with Navi Mumbai number (MH-43-A-9384) at Dadar and a Wagon R at Zaveri Bazaar.
- Two Indian Mujahideen (IM) members picked up on 6 July at Navi Mumbai station of Mankhurd. Were involved with Gujarat blasts of 2008.
- Home ministry confirms terrorist strike - Maharashtra government non-committal
- 8-10 killed, 60 injured so far – Maharashtra government - Home Secretary
- All reports are TV reports- no statement from government – casualty figures vary wildly – number of blasts either three or four.
- Blasts spaced over15 minutes
- Blasts at Kabootarkhana at Dadar –Roxy Cinema at Opera House - Prasad Chambers at Diamond Harbour, South Mumbai and Khau Galli, Zaveri Bazaar
- Explosions timed for maximum impact at peak hour
- Mumbai unit of National Security Guards summoned
- High alert declared across Maharashtra
- Ninth time such explosions have hit Mumbai
(Also see quick commentary on the blasts by global intelligence analysis group Stratfor, Red Alert: multiple explosions in Mumbai)