'iPiaceri Del Caffe' the Italian range of coffee, which means 'the pleasures of coffee', has been introduced across Barista's 150 outlets throughout the country.
Barista, owned by Lavazza, Italy's largest coffee company, unveiled the international range of coffees through an interactive brewing session by Lavazza's Master Brewer ''Francesco Viarizzo'' in Mumbai.
Brewing an array of signature beverages, both hot and cold, that showcased his expertise, the brew master explained the audiences the nuances of the creation of the beverages.
The launch in India will now have the following exclusive beverages:
- Cappugiro: This inverted Cappuccino starts off with a special Italian flavour of choice followed by steamed milk and a layer of luscious coffee dusted with dark cocoa. Ideal for those who love to turn convention on their head
- Cappuccino: The all time favourite coffee beverage enhanced
- Marocchino: A shot of espresso layered with warm frothed milk and your choice of flavour topped with a sprinkling of dark cocoa. Rich and flavourful to the last sip
- Ice Bianco Espresso: A tall, iced espresso topped with thick, delicious cream served in a glass rimmed with sweetened ground coffee. You'll be smacking your lips long after it's over
- Espresso Crema Shakerato: A refreshing blend of espresso, special Italian favour, ice and sugar shaken up with frothed cold milk. An elegant mocktail to beat the heat in style
- Ice Cappuccino: Espresso blended with skimmed milk, sugar, ice and flavour into a light, creamy coffee. Topped with dark cocoa, this exciting drink is a complete refresher
Barista was established in India in February 2000 by Barista Coffee Company Limited to recreate the ambience and experience of a typical Italian neighbourhood Espresso Bar in India.
It has been named as a 'Superbrand' for two years in succession. At present, the Barista Coffee Company Limited has over 200 Espress Bars and Barista Cremes in over 29 locations in India.
Besides India, Barista also has cafes in locations across Sri lanka, Oman and the UAE.
Lavazza, the sixth largest coffee roaster in the world, has a 46.5 per cent share in the Italian retail market and operates in over 80 countries, in the 'home' and 'away-from-home' sectors that include food services, vending and cafes. In 2007 sales totalled $1.5 billion.